Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS
 
 
 

No injuries from fire in Johnstown

October 27, 2013
The Leader Herald

JOHNSTOWN?- No injuries were suffered Saturday night during a fire in the city.

According to Johnstown Fire Chief Bruce E. Heberer, the second-floor kitchen of an apartment at 10 W. Montgomery St. caught on fire due to unattended cooking.

The two tenants who live in the second-floor apartment were unharmed, Heberer said.

Only the kitchen sustained fire damage, the chief said, and the rest of the house sustained smoke damage. He said the apartment is still habitable. The fire, which started around 7:30 p.m., took about 10 minutes to put out.

"With these old houses you're afraid that [the fire will] get in the walls and then it'll travel all over the place - but it didn't, so we're happy about that," Heberer said.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web