Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS
 
 
 

Fire damages Meco house

November 12, 2013
By ARTHUR CLEVELAND , The Leader Herald

MECO - A fire severely damaged a County Highway 122 home around 11:30 a.m. today before it was brought under control.

No injuries were reported in the fire, which authorities said was started by a grease fire. Officials said the house, at 523 County Highway 122, was occupied by eight people.

According to Meco Volunteer Fire Chief Gregory House, the fire began in the kitchen, where a resident had been cooking.

Article Photos

Firefighters work at the scene of a house fire in Meco today.
The Leader-Herald/Bill Trojan

A flareup started the fire, which destroyed the kitchen, said House. The rest of the house received smoke and water damage, he said.

House said the structure is salvageable but severely damaged.

The Red Cross will provide assistance for the eight residents of the home.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web