AMSTERDAM - The Amsterdam girls tennis team advanced in the Section II Class A tournament Tuesday with a 5-2 victory over Scotia-Glenville.
Kristie Kaczmarek, Ella Dybas and Caitlin Gannon posted singles victories for the Lady Rams, while the teams of Tessa Filiberto and Gabby DiSalvi and Prabha Singh and Molly Monge swept the doubles competition.
Kaczmarek defeated Caitlin Estes 6-0, 6-0 in first singles, while Dybas outlasted Abby August, 6-7 (6-8), 6-2, 6-3 in third singles. Gannon defeated Emma Lydon 6-4, 7-5 in fifth singles.
Amsterdam’s Caitlin Gannon hits a return to Scotia-Glenville’s Emma Lydon during Tuesday’s Section II Class A Tournament match at Amsterdam High School. (The Leader-Herald/Paul Wager)
Filberto and DiSalvi teamed up to defeat Alyssa Salamone and Laura Ciotoli 6-3, 6-3 in first doubles, while Singh and Monge defeated Sam Rizzo and Victoria Carringi 7-6 (7-3), 6-3 in second doubles.
Amsterdam will travel to play Albany Academy today at 3:15 p.m.
Amsterdam 5, Scotia-Glenville 2
1. Kristie Kaczmarek (A) def. Caitlin Estes, 6-0, 6-0.
2. Sam Montague (SG) def. Audrey Flint, 6-3, 6-2.
3. Ella Dybas (A) def. Abby August, 6-7 (6-8), 6-2, 6-3.
4. Elizabeth Eskes (SG) def. Arizona Santiago, 6-7 (2-7), 6-4, 10-3.
5. Caitlin Gannon (A) def. Emma Lydon, 6-4, 7-5.
1. Tessa Filiberto and Gabby DiSalvi (A) def. Alyssa Salamone and Laura Ciotoli, 6-3, 6-3.
2. Prabha Singh and Molly Monge (A) def. Sam Rizzo and Victoria Carringi, 7-6 (7-3), 6-3.