Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS
 
 
 

Fire destroyed shed in Johnstown, authorities say

April 20, 2013
The Leader Herald

JOHNSTOWN - A fire destroyed a shed used to make maple syrup Friday, authorities said.

Sammonsville Volunteer Fire Chief Stanley Allen said a fire in shed at 165 Edick Road was reported around 3:30 p.m.

Allen said the shed had a stove inside used for boiling sap to make maple syrup.

Article Photos

Sammonsville firefighters spray water on a structure on Edick Road in the town of Johnstown on Friday.
The Leader-Herald/Bill Trojan

The owner of the shed told Allen he had gone inside the home and came out to see the shed ablaze, Allen said.

Allen said the owner had a hose on the fire when volunteers arrived and found the fire fully involved.

Allen said it took about 30 minutes to fully extinguish the fire due to numerous hot spots inside.

Within 50 to 60 yards of the building were a house and several other sheds, he said, which were not damaged by the fire.

No injuries were reported. Ephratah and Sir William Johnson volunteer fire departments were on alert, but were not needed on the scene.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web