Allison Pepe (Amsterdam) was recently named a State University of New York Athletic Conference volleyball Player of the Week for SUNY Potsdam.
Pepe, a junior outside hitter, had a .506 hitting percentage, 13 kills and three blocks at the University of Rochester tri-tournament Saturday.
The Bears swept both matches as they defeated Geneseo 3-1 before beating Rochester 3-0.
- Megan McNamara (Johnstown) was one of 86 Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute students named to the Liberty League all-academic team.
In order to be recognized, a student athlete must have at least a sophomore academic and athletic standing and have a GPA of at least 3.20.
McNamara is a junior member of the RPI field hockey team.
She has appeared and started in all 16 games for the Engineers and has scored a goal and registered two assists for four total points.
The goal was a game-winner.
- Vinnie Nicosia (Amsterdam) recovered a fumble at the Bucknell 42-yard line, which helped the Colgate football team to a 52-28 win.
Overall, the defense limited Bucknell to 296 yards of total offense. He had five tackles, one sack, and he also forced the fumble that he recovered and brought back for 13 yards. His sack resulted in a 10-yard loss.
- L.B. McCloskey (Gloversville) made two solo tackles in the University at Albany football team's 27-3 win over St. Francis Saturday.
Through seven games, McCloskey has 14 tackles, two pass breakups and one interception.
- Nicole Hollenbeck (Fonda-Fultonville) finished second in the novice over fences division for the State University of New York at Morrisville equestrian team.
The team recorded 38 show points at Hartwick College to win co-champion honors.
- Marisa Streun (Amsterdam) had two assists in the Hartwick women's soccer team's 7-0 win over Alfred Saturday.
Streun, a sophomore midfielder, has two goals and five assists this season. She has appeared and started in all 17 games for the Hawks.
- Amanda Aker (Fort Plain) finished sixth for the SUNY Cobleskill women's cross country team at the Green Mountain Invitational in Poultney, Vt.
Aker finished with a time of 22:25.5 as the Fighting Tigers won the event with 26 points.
- Natasha Mamrosh (Dolgeville) had six kills, three blocks and two aces as she helped the SUNY Cobleskill volleyball team to a 3-0 win over Southern Vermont College.
- Jenna Milonovich (Broadalbin-Perth) is a senior defender for the LeMoyne women's soccer team and has started two games for the Dolphins this season.
- Christian Tychostup (Mayfield) scored the game-winning goal for the SUNY Brockport men's soccer team in a 2-0 win over Ithaca Tuesday.
He has scored two goals and an assist for the Golden Eagles this season.