Lindsey Heiser (Canajoharie) tossed a no-hitter for the Mohawk Valley Community College softball team in a 1-0 win over Herkimer Community College Thursday.
She struck out eight and walked two.
Heiser is 3-2 with a 2.95 ERA. She’s pitched 28 1/3 innings and struck out 32 batters.
At the plate, she is hitting .464 with four doubles, a home run, 14 RBIs and 11 runs scored.
• Megan Papierniak (Fonda-Fultonville) hit a two-run home run and a two-run double in the first game of a doubleheader helping the St. Peter’s softball team to a sweep of Rider University Sunday.
Papierniak is the Peahens’ leading hitter with a .276 batting average.
She also had three home runs, seven doubles and 11 RBIs. The Peahens are third in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference with a 4-4 record.
• Matt Gonyea (Dolgeville) threw six innings allowing two first-inning runs, but got his second victory of the season in the Herkimer County Community College baseball team’s 9-5 win over Clinton Community College April 6.
Ron Patterson (Gloversville) had two hits in the game, including an RBI single in the sixth inning.
Patterson also had two hits in the second game, a 13-1 Herkimer win.
Patterson doubled home the go-ahead run in Saturday’s 13-10 win over Genesee.
Patterson had six hits helping the Generals to a doubleheader swept over Onondaga Community College two days later.
Mitch Kierpiec (Fonda-Fultonville) tossed a complete-game with seven strikeouts in the first game.
• Dave Gage (Broadalbin-Perth) had three hits, including a double for the Southern Vermont College baseball team in a 15-4 win over Vermont Tech.
Gage also had two hits, including a double and a run scored in a 16-6 loss to the Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts.
• Matt Begeal (Wells), who plays on the Hilbert College baseball team, was one of 35 Hilbert student-athletes who qualified for the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Athletic Conference academic all-conference honors.
He qualified by maintaining a grade point average of 3.2 or above.
• Maria Pasquarelli (Amsterdam) had a hit for the Sage College softball team, but the Gators were swept in a doubleheader by the State University of New York at Oneonta April 9.
Through seven games, Pasquarelli has a .500 average with three doubles, a triple and 12 RBIs.
• Kyle Hill (Oppenheim-Ephratah) allowed a run on two hits over five innings in the Cazenovia College baseball team’s 8-1 win in the first game of a doubleheader sweep of SUNY Canton April 9.
It was Hill’s first win of the season.
Mike Zummo is a sports reporter for The Leader-Herald. We invite your feedback on this or any other sports-related topic. E-mail your opinions or ideas to us at email@example.com.