Erica Cutspec (Fort Plain) was on base to score one of the winning runs for the Ithaca College softball team in a 6-5 win over Salisbury Saturday.
Cutspec got on base with a single and stole her second base of the season.
She also had two hits and an RBI in the Golden Bombers’ 9-4 loss to the College of New Jersey.
Cutspec leads the Golden Bombers with a .541 batting average, 11 RBIs and 20 hits. She’s also stolen six bases in six attempts. Cutspec also has a home run and two doubles.
• Katie Finch (Broadalbin-Perth) struck out three hitters in a 2-0 shutout victory over Muhlenberg College for the State University of New York at Cortland softball team.
Finch has an even 3-3 record, but her 0.72 ERA is best on the team. In 39 innings of work, she’s fanned 50 batters and walked only eight. Opposing batters are hitting .184 against her.
• Elizabeth Tavolaro (Broadalbin-Perth) scored a goal for the SUNY Maritime women’s lacrosse team in the Privateers’ first win of the season, an 18-5 victory over Pine Manor College.
Tavolaro has started all six games for Maritime and has three goals.
The Privateers will be in action again Saturday at Lancaster Bible College.
• Ashleigh Scott (Fonda-Fultonville) was 23rd in the 800-meter run at the Northeastern Husky Invitational for the University of New Haven women’s track team.
She finished with a time of 3:00.6.
• Brennan Wojdyla (Amsterdam) is in his first season as a member of the Marist College baseball team.
He is doing double duty for the Red Foxes in his freshman season and coach Dennis Healy believes he shows a lot of potential both on the mound and at the plate. He’s listed on the Red Foxes’ roster as a left-handed pitcher and a first baseman.
• The Cazenovia baseball team is building its season around a strong veteran presence, which includes a large local group of players.
Chris Wiltey (Johnstown) returns to the team expecting to see some time at first base after hitting in the middle of the order last year.
Brandon Brown (Broadalbin-Perth), a sophomore transfer, helps fill out the Wildcats’ outfield.
Kyle Hill (Oppenheim-Ephratah) returns for his second season on the pitcher’s mound.
• Nicole Sanders (Johnstown) is a freshman defender for the Castleton College women’s lacrosse team and saw her first collegiate action in a 20-12 loss to Emerson College.
Castleton returns to action today when it faces Green Mountain at Golden Goal in Fort Ann.
Mike Zummo is a sports reporter for The Leader-Herald. We invite your feedback on this or any other sports-related topic. E-mail your opinions or ideas to us at email@example.com'>firstname.lastname@example.org.