Steve Brandis (Fonda-Fultonville) placed eighth in the shot put with a throw of 12.69 meters at the State University of New York Athletic Conference championship meet for the SUNY Oneonta men’s indoor track team The Red Dragons finished fifth overall.
On the women’s side, Kristen Stein (Gloversville) was part of the second-place distance medley relay with a time of 12:57.22, which qualified for the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference meet. The Oneonta women finished seventh.
• Harley Fuller (Broadalbin-Perth) scored 11 points helping the SUNY Cobleskill men’s basketball team to the NJCAA Region III Division III championship with a 77-75 win over Herkimer County Community College Sunday.
Generals point guard Kevin Kucel (Gloversville) scored four points in the game.
Fuller scored five points, grabbed six rebounds and dished out six assists helping fourth-seeded Fighting Tigers to an 86-79 semifinal upset victory over top-ranked Hudson Valley Community College.
• Laura Tisinger (Gloversville) scored a career-high 18 points for the SUNY Cobleskill women’s basketball team hitting 6 of 10 from the floor and 3 of 4 from behind the 3-point arc leading the Fighting Tigers to a 59-36 win over Herkimer County Community College in the NJCAA Region III Division III tournament.
The Fighting Tigers fell in the semifinal round Saturday, 75-53 to Broome, ending a season that saw them set a new mark for wins in a season with 25.
• Kristen Mraz (Johnstown) hit a 3-point basket to give the Bryant College women’s basketball team its first double-digit lead in a Northeast-10 first-round game against St. Michaels that the Bulldogs would win 73-60.
Mraz finished with three points.
• Bela Vonnak (Canajoharie) scored 16 points leading the St. Lawrence University men’s basketball team to an 84-76 win over Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in a Liberty League tournament game.
The Saints, however, were stopped in the semifinals by a 54-58 loss to Clarkson.
• Katie Caddell (Amsterdam) scored a career-high 25 points leading the Hartwick women’s basketball team to a 79-73 win over Alfred.
Caddell knocked down four 3-pointers in going 7 of 12 from the floor. She also passed out eight assists, falling two shy of a double-double.
• Steve Hall (Johnstown) placed second in the 200-yard backstroke for the RPI men’s swimming and diving team with a time of 2:10.15 at the Upper New York State Collegiate Swimming Association championship meet.
Overall, the Engineers finished second with 1,250.5 points.
• Courtney Hines (Johnstown) was named to the all-tournament team after she scored a game-high 24 points, which included five 3-pointers leading the SUNY Brockport women’s basketball team to a 75-59 win over Cortland in the SUNYAC championship game.
The win sent the Golden Eagles to the NCAA Division III tournament where they will face Emmanuel College Friday at William Smith College.