John Blatchford (Amsterdam) and Jordyn Kline (Amsterdam) both participated in the America East championships for the Binghamton University men’s and women’s swimming teams.
Blatchford placed 10th in the 200-yard butterfly with a time of 1:59, a season best. He also was 13th in the 100-yard butterfly with a personal best time of 53.22 seconds. He also took 14th in the 100-yard breaststroke with a personal best 1:03.91.
Kline was 13th in the 200-yard backstroke with a season best time of 2:13.14 and took 16th in the 400-yard individual medley with a personal best time of 4:45.79. She also set a personal record in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 1:02.39. Kline also was a member of the seventh-place 800-yard freestyle relay team.
• Sam Adamoschek (Canajoharie) qualified for the national meet for the State University of New York at Cobleskill men’s swimming and diving team at the District/Regional championships at Monroe Community College by finishing ninth in the 50-yard freestyle with a career-best 25.33 seconds. He was the fighting Tigers’ only qualifier.
Chelsea Lee (Amsterdam) placed 10th in the 200-yard individual medley with a time of 2:59.84 for the women’s team.
• Harley Fuller (Broadalbin-Perth) became the most proficient passer in SUNY Cobleskill men’s basketball history with 382 assists passing the previous mark set by Josh Barcomb in 1998.
Fuller had 13 assists in a 78-65 win over Fulton-Montgomery Community College. He also scored six points and registered 10 assists in a 104-50 win over Holyoke Community College.
The Fighting Tigers are ranked eighth in the country in the latest NJCAA poll.
• Laura Tisinger (Gloversville) scored six points and made a pair of steals helping the SUNY Cobleskill women’s basketball team to an 81-23 win over Niagara Community College.
• Steve Brandis (Fonda-Fultonville) set a SUNY Oneonta record when he improved his own SUNY Athletic Conference-qualifying mark in the shot put with a throw of 13.21 meters at the Cornell University Kane Invitational.
He broke the previous record of 12.99 meters set by teammate Mike DeVasto.
• Kevin Kucel (Gloversville) knocked down a jumper with .6 seconds left Feb. 18 giving Herkimer County Community College a 74-71 win over SUNY Cobleskill.
The Generals outscored the Fighting Tigers 15-1 in the final 3:36 to pull out the victory. Herkimer is ranked third in the latest NJCAA Division III poll.
• Erik Whiting (Fonda-Fultonville) was one of 62 Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute student athletes named to the Liberty League winter All-Academic team.
Whiting is a sophomore Aeronautical Engineering major on the men’s indoor track team.
• Courtney Hines (Johnstown) scored 17 points helping the SUNY Brockport women’s basketball team to a 65-64 win over SUNY Geneseo in her regular-season finale.
Hines scored 17 points in the Golden Eagles’ Feb. 16 win over Buffalo State, which gave Brockport the top seed in the SUNY Athletic Conference tournament.