Kevin Kucel (Gloversville) recently was named to the Green and Gold Club at Herkimer County Community College after his performance against the State University of New York at Cobleskill as a member of the men’s basketball team.
Kucel is eighth in the country with an 87.4 free-throw shooting percentage and averages 12.5 points and 5.2 assists per game. He also is a 48 percent 3-point shooter.
Most recently, he scored 15 points in a win over Genesee Community College.
• John Tesiero (Amsterdam), a member of the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute football team recently was honored at the team’s banquet.
Tesiero, a senior captain, shared the George Bode Coaches Award with senior quarterback Josh Chiappone.
Tesiero started all 10 of the Engineers’ games in the fall and made 42 tackles, 24 solo and broke up eight passes.
• Courtney Hines (Johnstown) scored a game-high 26 points, including six 3-pointers, leading the State University of New York at Brockport to a key victory over SUNY Cortland Feb. 5.
The win gave Brockport sole possession of first place.
• Alaina Hannahs (Johnstown) grabbed eight rebounds and scored four points, leading Oswego State to a win over SUNY Brockport Saturday.
Hines had 12 points in the game.
• Harley Fuller (Broadalbin-Perth) passed out 11 assists, scored seven points and grabbed four rebounds, helping SUNY Cobleskill to a 96-82 win over Mohawk Valley Community College Feb. 6.
Overall, Fuller is third in the country with an average of 8.7 assists per game.
Fuller also had 10 assists in the Fighting Tigers’ win over Adirondack Community College.
• Jovanna Failing (Fort Plain) finished seventh at the SUNY Athletic Conference championship meet in the 1-meter diving event for the Oswego State women’s swimming and diving team.
Her finish gave the Lakers 22 points and helped the team to a fourth-place finish.
She missed the national cut by five points.
• Laura Tisinger (Gloversville) scored nine points and passed out three assists, helping the SUNY Cobleskill women’s basketball team to an 88-43 win over Mohawk Valley Community College.
It was the 100th career victory for coach Josh Suttles.
• Dino Johnson (Amsterdam) scored 19 points, helping the Mount Saint Vincent men’s basketball team to a 122-68 win over Bard College.
He was one of five players to reach double figures in the game.
• Kristin Mraz (Johnstown) scored eight points in the Bryant College women’s basketball team’s double-overtime loss to American International College.
She also grabbed six rebounds and made one steal.
Note: There will be no Campus Clippings next week. Look for it to resume Feb. 27.