What’s to do?
– Fulton-Montgomery Art Show — Meet the Artists Opening Reception: Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts, 2736 State Route 30, Gloversville, 6 to 8 p.m. An exhibit of artwork by local and student artists and featured artist Barney Bellinger. Light refreshments will be served. Free admission. Art show runs through June 5.
– Sacandaga Valley Arts Network Artists’ Gallery Fall Exhibit: Fulton County Visitor Center, Routes 29 and 30, Vail Mills. Free and open to the public. gallery is open weekends.
– Elizabeth “Liz” Horender artwork display: Frothingham Free Library, 28 Main St., Fonda. This display can be viewed during the regular library hours through May.
– Exhibit of work by Guest Artist Beverly Cornelius, basket weaver: Micropolis Cooperative Art Gallery, 30 N. Main St., Gloversville. Work also on display will include paintings, drawings, photographs, fiber art, batik, mixed media, woodwork, glass, digital art, sculpture, jewelry, and pottery by Micropolis member artists. The show will run through the end of June. For more information, go to www.MicropolisGallery.com.
Concerts/ daytime music
– Joe and Amanda: Gloversville Farmers Market, Elm Street pavilion, Gloversville, 9 a.m.
– Line dancing with Sue Kaupelis: Florida Town Hall, 167 Fort Hunter Road, Amsterdam, 7 p.m. The dance is sponsored by the Fort Hunter Free Library. No charge — goodwill donations for library will be accepted.
– Line dancing: Sharp Shooters Billards and Sports Pub, 35 E. Main St., Amsterdam, 7 p.m. All-request dancing after lesson until 10 p.m. $6 cover. Lesson and music provided by Sue Kaupelis.
– J. Marco Johnson: Lakeside Tavern, 306 Woods Hollow Road, Gloversville, 6 p.m. No cover.
– J&J Acoustic: Mayfield Grill, 8 School St., Mayfield, 7 p.m.
¯ Moore 2 Music Entertainment and Karaoke: Sharpshooters Billiards & Sports Pub, 35 E. Main St., Amsterdam, 8 p.m. No cover.
– Doc Orloff Duo: Aaron’s Irish Pub, 231 N. Main St., Gloversville, 9 p.m.
– Aaron Mittler: Rustic Loft, 4740 Route 30, Amsterdam, 6 p.m. No cover.
– Aaron Mittler: Plaza’s Italian Bistro, 130 N. Pine St., Gloversville, 6 p.m. No cover.
– Doc Orloff Blues Elixir and Rick Surrano and 1.4.5 — Night of Blues: Glove Performing Arts Center, 42 N. Main St., Gloversville, 7:30 p.m. Doors open 6:30 p.m. Doc Orloff’s Blues Elixir inducted in New York State Blues Hall of Fame, 2014; Rick Surrano inducted in Blues Hall of Fame Helsinki Hudson, 2013. Tickets: $12 available at door. Refreshments (beer and wine also available for sale). It will be in a club setting. Reserve tickets by calling (518) 773-8255, Ext. 25 or go to our website, www.glovetheatre.org. Also parking in rear of theater.