Space heater woes

(The Leader-Herald/Briana O'Hara)

Residents and police are show outside of 4 Hawk St. in Gloversville on Wednesday afternoon after a small structure fire caused minor damage in the living room of the second-floor apartment. The fire occurred in the area of a space heater and the cause is currently under investigation, according to Gloversville Fire Chief Thomas Groff. The resident of the apartment was in the downstairs apartment at the time fire broke out and was alerted to the fire by smoke detectors. She was able to exit the building and call the fire department. The woman was transported to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation after she entered the apartment to retrieve a pet. Both the woman and the pet were unharmed and no injuries were reported. At the scene were Gloversville Fire Department, Gloversville Police Department, Ambulance Service of Fulton County and Johnstown Fire Department.

COMMENTS